Train of Thoughts

Saturday, October 16, 2010

The End. 


Dear readers,

As you all notice, this blog has been inactive for years now and I think it is only appropriate that I write this entry to declare that it is now officially closed.

There are many reasons for me to do so but I think mainly the reason is I've matured and changed. This blog has been a significant chapter of my life and I'd like to keep this little online journal as a remembrance of my teenage life. 

Looking back, this blog gave me a perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle going on in my life. I started blogging merely for the reason of getting my thoughts recorded. I've got to admit that blogger was free and easy, not to mention the "in" thing to do at that time. Back then it was costly and a hassle to get a domain of your own. Thanks to Blogger that led the whole idea of blogging to become a phenomena of the century and continued till this very day.

Eventually I made some friends through blogging, have some frequent readers and busy traffic that got me hooked to blogging for the following 5-6 years. I started as a pretty immature and silly college student that went through acceptance, rebellion, rejection, failures and heartbreaks. It was definitely embarrassingly fun looking through my old entries and trust me, it is more embarrassing than fun actually. But what the heck, the damage has been done.

However, I'm glad to say that I met someone wonderful through blogging and then our relationship blossomed. Probably the best person that I've met so far that treats me right with heaps of patience and kindness. Then, it is kind of hard to blog about everything that was going on in your life while you are actually busy out there in the real world fabulously living it up. It's difficult to blog about the love life, sex life or the emotional ups and downs while your other half reads it. That's how my blog was halted from time to time.

Moving outstation and to study for a honors degree was part of growing up. I almost threw my parent's money down the drain when I was focusing more on going online and what I can do online than studying hard for my degree. But that's not entirely true as one needs to do research online to get the thesis/dissertation done, I guess I was lack of focus and got distracted. Hehe.

After that, it's all about
 finding a damn job and blending in to the adult world of working class heroes. I finally got myself a job that doesn't really live up to a degree holder's name but I was making ends meet. My blossomed relationship withered then, I was probably too coward to jump across the ocean and he was probably tired of my tantrums. We ended the relationship and parted different directions. Literally.

At that time, all things crumbled and I was going through a terrible heartbreak. If I could, all I could think of blogging is how horribly miserable I am and that I was such a misfortune catastrophe. After a while, I got a better job and things turn around to be okay at first and it then it become ugly. Through the years that job made me a slave and I have absolutely no time for myself, more so for blogging. I blame it on the absurd working hours and inefficient management. While it was a good thing to keep myself occupied with my job and not to think about my heartbreak or starting a relationship, I became more emotionally imbalanced. It's just a string of unfortunate incidents after another. Life is never easy.

But of course, I didn't want to blog about all those things as it will bore the shit out of you readers and the ex might be reading the entries. Therefore, I didn't and that was when I realize that I had to call it a day and start somewhere new and afresh.

I will miss blogging and getting my thoughts mapped out. Or perhaps I might just start a new blog elsewhere, you may never know. But this is the end of the road for Train of Thoughts. It was fun while it lasted but all good things must come to an end, no?


I wish you all happiness and well. Have a healthy and successful journey in life! Cheerios! :)

[edited] 
Just recently I've found out that Brendan(a fellow blogger) had passed away and went through hardship battling Sarcoma cancer. That made me realize that we really need to get out there in the real world caring for the people that we love and do the things that we ought to do than just sitting at home all day going online or blog about how miserable our life is. They may be here today but gone tomorrow you know? Blogging only serves as a platform for you to record your feelings and experience but is not meant for you to get all addictive, pretentious and political about it. Anyways, that's just my two cents.


 
Millions of peaches. Peaches for free.