Farewell.
Some of you might not know. I was back home last week and look what news I got.
Written on 25th September, 5am.
I remembered that it was drizzling, with the window winded down and armed with torchlight, my cousin and another friend, all of us were driving around the neighborhood hoping to catch a glimpse of that white little fluffy thing wandering around aimlessly. We switched on our most alert ears just so to listen to the dangling sound of the tag and the sound of it being dragged on the tarred road.
24th September, approximately 8.20pm. When we found her, she was lying there motionlessly, with a small pool of blood gathered around her mouth. She was in a mess. We called her name a few times and no response. Her eyes were open as if she just had a tragic end. I think she did. Imagine her feeling at the time that car hit her. I felt my heart dropped and I gave up in trying to fight the tears. I broke down and closed my mouth. I wanted to just walked away and think that that is not happening. I wasn’t witnessing that. No, I didn't come back home to witness this. I wanted her to live; I wanted her to die of old age instead of some tragic stupid accident. I wanted her to jump on me and I wanted her to wag her tail and be happy to see me. It’s not happening. This can’t be true.
I took some of her death with me, a part of me died instantly on the side of the road there. I blamed myself. I think I am responsible for it. I was suppose to call her, I was suppose to make sure that she is in the house, I was suppose to make sure that she’s safe.
Ey Ah Choo will be greatly missed as that chubby white fluffy spitz with jovial and sweet personality. The one with the mouth of an Empress and as the laid back spoilt brat.
I miss her presence when I’m home now. Whenever I’m asleep, she would sleep just outside of my room, patiently waiting for the morning comes. Sometimes I’d even ask her to come in, just for pats, just for woofy talks. She would jump whenever I open up the door in the morning whenever I wake up. She would follow me down the stairs and to wherever I go. Sometimes she would even race with me to go down the stairs. I’d most probably open up the fridge and look for some food and she would just look at me with her hoping eyes and just there to watch my every move.
In the tv room, she would just lie down on her usual spot, listening to the sounds of the tv and eventually close her eyes and take a nap. She would spend the day lazing around and stretching her two front legs first and then the other remaining pair. Exactly what she does best.
If she’s bored, she would just go to the balcony, while looking at the cars passing by she would jump on to the bench and just laze there for some breeze. She would even sun tan in the balcony as her hobby.
Whenever I come back, she would be there to greet me and to just have this cheery and jolly mood to offer me even if I’m not in a bad mood. I would play around with her, chasing her, playfully step on her foot and for a moment there I feel joyous to be around her.
Even now when I’m typing on this, she would accompany me till I switch off the computer, shutting her eyes and just lying nearby alert to the noise around her. If she’s here I’m sure that she would do that.
I miss the tapping of her nails on the parquet floor. I wished that when I turned back my head now and I would see her lying there and look me back. I wish.
There she would be if I turn around.
She looks good in this pic, very peaceful. Though it has been a week but I still remembered the day she passed away. I miss her so much now.
Life goes on.
[soundbites]
The Streets - Dry Your Eyes

6 Comments:
man, that's a shame. if my dog died i would be devastated too. but you know what they say, all dogs go to heaven. may your memories of her live on.
sze ning
By
Anonymous, at October 02, 2004 10:29 PM
poor baby..
By
justine, at October 05, 2004 3:17 PM
so so sorry to hear about your dog... she's so cute...
hey, all dogs go to heaven right? bet she will kick ass in heaven for being so wonderful... :)
By
Me, at October 06, 2004 3:49 PM
thisguy:
hey i'm really sorry about your dog. i used to have a spitz too which grew up with me and died a week before i went off to uni. just take comfort in the fact that all dogs go to heaven.
adopt a new one soon?
take care
By
Anonymous, at October 07, 2004 4:53 PM
My deepest sympathies and condolences for you. I know how it feels to love an animal so much as if it were your child. My family has two dogs and I love them both dearly. If anything ever happened to one of them I would be devastated.
By
Jurismei, at October 08, 2004 2:50 AM
Likki says:
thanks people. im okay. thanks again.
By
Anonymous, at October 08, 2004 9:16 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home