Evening Dew.
Yesterday was a day of indulgence for my stomach. Had a really heavy lunch at Chili’s and went around the mall for a walk to digest.I noticed some evil grin on the faces of a pair of couple as they walked into the elevator. I didn’t hesitate to walk into it even though I noticed that. There were moments of silence. They were probably cursing why on earth I was in the same elevator as them. Hmmm must have been some mischief going on if I wasn’t there.
Once I got on the train, there was this couple, Chinese female and Indian male with a pair of boys. Something you don’t see everyday.
After 5-6 stations, finally there were some available seats. So I made myself comfortable in one and then took out the earphones and stuck them into my ears. Ignoring the loud chit chatters of some ladies speaking in Cantonese. Randomly, Broken Social Scene’s Lover’s Spit was playing while I was looking out the window. With rain pouring outside and the train moving fast, a profoundly touching feeling washed over me. A sense of serenity and that made me smile. I was traveled back in time and into the future. So many questions asked, so many unanswered. So many things that reminded me of old times. The naked drawing of a snakehead woman with masculine figure. Those times when I traveled back and forth.
This hard to explain feeling then slowly turned into nostalgia that I could just smile and embrace the moment alone.
It ain’t bad. Drinking my own emotions and enjoying it.
After I got off the train, it was still raining. I had to walk to the taxi stand to get a taxi so I was drenched in the rain. Sigh. While standing there with my jeans folded up, I saw a Malay boy with his songkok, inhaling and exhaling smoke out of his mouth in the middle of a crowd. How crude.
Oh well, at least there’s the beautiful melody of Lover’s Spit to bask myself in during wet times like this.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home