Train of Thoughts

Monday, March 08, 2004

Fiddle-Faddle.



Ah yes, finally got the time to sit down in front of the pc and post an update for my blog.

Clearly the reason for my obvious disappearance in the virtual world is because I have been busy. Period. It's not like anybody gives a toss about it.

Besides, my monitor went kaput on me so it's clear why I havent gone online lately.

So last couple of week(s) back, I attended a Soundmaker gig @ Actors Studio Greenhall, dated back 21st of February. Yes, you know Im a lazy broad when it comes to posting up pictures.

Gig 7 : The Indie Agenda
featuring bands like III A, Blaze, Soundcraft One, Swearwood, Untitled, Whitelight, Yue Yu Lu, Zan.

The gig was held on a Saturday night so there were loads of cars flooding the streets as to why I got to the venue kind of late. Actually I only missed out on one (chinese) band and by the time I got there, the second band - III A was playing, well, rapping in chinese/canto. That didnt interests me so I stayed outside till the third band - Untitled comes on stage.


6 piece band - Untitled.


Alvin and James on guitar.


I particularly like Alvin's guitar strap. Groovy yet funky.


Arigato! Kow tow-ed to the audience.


Next up - Soundcraft One! Yay yay.


Soundcraft One's pride and attraction.


Another shot of the beautiful and cute Aki.


Shot of the main man - Vinh and the bassist - Adi.


Err.. so called artsy-fartsy picture of guitarist - Aiie. (Yalahx2, I checked out the flyer for their names. uwek.)


Supposedly a 5 piece band, but you cant see the keyboardist here.


The original keyboardist is a girl but a guy replaced her and another guitarist cant be seen performing that night. I heard that they left the band. Hmmmm.


Michael and Alex respectively.


There ya go!!! All together now.. Swearwood in full length.


Like what the mc announced, Blaze came on stage and if Im not mistaken so did Zan after that. I didnt catch their act simply because you-know-why.

Approaching midnight then Whitelight took over the limelight.


Much awaited, Whitelight tuning up.


Jamming Botol Biru.


Half way through, his phone rang. Mummy called. No Ma, Im in the middle of a gig and the audience said Hello Auntieee. Hilarious.


Before..


After.
Did you notice the difference?


I was lepaking and smoking outside when I saw there were a bunch of policemen clad in their dark blue uniforms who came around and god-knows-what-they-were-trying-to-do approached the place. Whoever left later after the gig would probably notice this.

So I left with my MPV and to somewhere else.

Bed time. Long day tomorrow as I will be going off elsewhere.
Dont ask.


Yesterday I attended a gig @ Greenhall as well. It was Scream For Peace 5 which consists more of punk bands. The highlight of the gig was perhaps special appearance by One Buck Short and Frequency Canon who hailed all the way from KL. Yes, you perhaps might seen the frontman of One Buck Short somewhere on tv. He's the fella who was auditioning for Channel 8 which took place in the elavator. That fella with big dreamy eyes who dressed up like a burglar and Gary the IT specialist who tried to protect Clarissa-or-whats-her-name. One Buck Short, the band who made their first appearance on a huge stage with other local rock acts was around end of last year on our very own rock festival - Rock The World IV.

As for Frequency Canon, they are one bunch of friendly people, quite down to earth and they are crazy enough to drive to Penang and after the performance, go straight back to KL without staying over a night. Their previous performance was in February during the Asian X-Games which was held in Stadium Putra Bukit Jalil.

[soundbites]
R.U.S.H - Chasing Tipperary

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Millions of peaches. Peaches for free.