Train of Thoughts

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

De Battre Mon Coeur S'est ArrĂȘtĂ©.

Today is the last day for the French Film Festival 2006 and it lasted for a week. But only yesterday I managed to go and watch this french movie that I thought was quite interesting.

The show is supposed to go on 715pm but normally it would start probably after 15-20minutes of the stated time. Commercials would commence within that period. The thing is, the show only started around 756pm. In the middle of that, there was the 2minutes blackout of the screen and the audience were patient enough to be quiet. Oh the turn out was not bad. Most of them consists of some aunties and uncles. LOL. The last I went to a foreign movie screening, there were only 8 of us.

My verdict is, I'd say not bad. I was especially intrigued by the songs that they played in the movie. Exceptional choice. Ranging from artistes like Telepopmusik, Bloc Party, Sporto Kantes and The Kills. Oh and there was this part where people were beaten up with the beats of Kylie Minogue's Locomotion.

I must also credit director Jacques Audiard on his taste of filming the scenes in different angles. The script itself delivered to the audience with punches of wittiness that would caught you off guard. The familiarity of it reminds me of day to day conversation that we have in real life. "Balls itch?" was the one that got me laughing. Surprisingly there were words like whore, fuck etc vulgarities on screen. That's new to Malaysian cinemas!

Talking about Malaysian Censorship Board, I think they did cut short on the movie. At the end of the day when I got out of the cinema, I was thinking and wondering about certain parts that has no linkage and keep popping questions to myself. For one thing I know, the movie is suppose to lasts for an hour and 47mins but I am quite certain that it was being cut short by a few minutes. Oh well, I had to read some of the online reviews to answer those questions in my head.

Other than that, I'm not really a movie review person so I'll leave the rest of the comments up to you. You can check out its trailer here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Millions of peaches. Peaches for free.