Train of Thoughts

Monday, May 12, 2003

Gigs, I surrender.

Hello. Sorry for the lack of updates. I’ve been pretty busy since Thursday. It has been quite an eventful of weekend for me. Loud music, metal music, moshpit, bodysurfing, head banging, jumping, lots of smoke, lots of sweat and etc. it was so full of energy.. and of course lots of energy wasted.

On Saturday, the crowd didn’t really turn out that well. You can say that it’s not packed at all. There are still lots of spaces. I noticed that the malays are very supportive of their malay bands but when it comes to Chinese bands, they sat down and weren’t that supportive in any kind. Definitely not because of the language. They were all singing in English. (I suppose so because you can’t tell what the hell they are singing anyway) this is sad. Discrimination.

During intervals and between bands, the organizer played Manson’s latest album. All the tracks. Damn, it’s fantastic. Even the live bands can’t be as good as manson. *thumbs up*

The best part was when Sympozium took the stage. The frontman was reading an ancient scroll before starting off on the heavy beats and screaming. They really brought the crowd together to mosh and jam with them. I think they sounded like Cradle of Filth for a lil. However, it was very sad for the first few bands. When they played, it was not even crowded. The crowd hasn’t even build up.

Besides that, long time-famous for their dreadlocks, Koffin Kanser was the star among the stars. Well, like what you may already have in mind, hardcore shit, moshpit, bodysurfing, and more moshpit. Pickcell was expected to paint their faces but then they didn’t. the DJ was kind of unnecessary because you cant hear him turn and it just doesn’t blend in with the heavy music.

As for O.D.I, the fella who took the limelight was Kelvin Yang with his “SOLO!!!”. Hah. He’s the noisiest guitarist alive. I couldn’t really see the crowd or what their reactions towards their music cuz I was recording the band playing on stage. The drummer, Eugene also played for Gaugepit, his initial band. Gaugepit is another band who’s been around in the penang underground scene for a while now. I heard of them when I was in form 3 I think. They played their own stuff compared to last time and the frontman’s hair is awesome. Hah. He’s more like the Vidal Sassoon spokesperson rather than a rock star. :D anyway I noticed that the keyboardist of Gaugepit has the same slayer shirt that I have! And I nearly wore it on that day itself! Phew.

It was all good. I’m too lazy to go thru other bands because they all sounded pretty much the same. The gig started at 1pm until past 10pm at night. me and my friends left the place around 10 smth. We went to mamak after that.

But yeah, a good time it is as expected. I do secretly feel that loud music is just not my thing anymore although I like it a lot when I stand in front of the amps when DDA was playing. It was pure heaven. The music was mellow yet energized with hypnotization. Very powerful. Their set was the one that I enjoyed most. You can say that they never failed to hypnotize me.

However, Love Me Butch was the most dominant among other bands. Front man really brought down the place. Awesome. Although Soundcraft 1 played the same songs on Saturday but they sure sounded different. For me, they are moving, the godfather of penang gigs, Vinh still has it and Asrul is the man who uses his mouth to blow this pipe-like ‘instrument’ which made some vibration sound.

Strangedays was as expected to be the like Depeche Mode and surely they are. The drum beats was replaced by the deck. Frontman was acting all very “ki-tang” like. Erm, spooky is the word mebbe? I dunno. Very moving too with their groups of supporters, all the way from kl I assume. Force Vomit came all the way from Singapore and they sounded like 70’s a-gogo type with a twist of old-skool. Very moving as well.

Phew, I tell you late nights really hitting me hard. I woke up felt sick and didn’t attend college today. Might be love sick, might be plain sick. Too much fags, not enough sleep. I intended to sleep the whole damn day and yeah you can say that I just got up just a while ago. Yes, dammit, SLEEP.

I’m bloated up with emptiness in me. I’m all messed up and stoned.

Zwan – Honestly
I believe
I believe
I believe
I believe the love you talk about with me
is it true, do I care
honestly, you can try to wipe the memories aside
but it's you that you erase

'cause there's no place that I could be without you
it's too far to discard the life I once knew
honestly, all the weather storms are bringing
are just a picture of my dreams
'cause when I think of you as mine
and allow myself with time
to lead into the life we want
I feel loved, honestly
I feel loved, this honestly

I believe you mean the best that life can bring
I believe in it all
honestly, you can try
your heart is just as long as mine
is it ours to let go

'cause there's not place that I could be without you
it's too dark to discard the life I once knew
honestly, a single wrong is not enough
to cover up the pain in us
'cause when I think of you as mine
and allow myself with time
to lead into the life we want
I feel loved, honestly
I'll make a joke so you must laugh
I'll break your heart so you must ask
is this the way to get us back
I don't know, honestly
I don't know, this honestly

there's no place that I could be without you
honestly

there's no place that I could be without you
there's no place that I could gleam without you
there's no place that I could dream without you
there's no place that I could be without you
honestly

ps - there will be another gig in June 21st, same place, Greenhall Actors Studio. will keep you guys posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Millions of peaches. Peaches for free.