Train of Thoughts

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Direct selling.

Actually, I was avoiding a high school friend because she was dealing with direct selling. She has been pestering or politely put, persuading me to buy her products. We rarely talk about life and we rarely catch up with things about the happenings in our lives. We don’t reminisce about memories anymore.

And today I got another high school friend called me up just 45 minutes ago talking about direct selling with me. She is quite close to me too. We used to be in the same class for two years. How much memories that we have that don’t deserve to be mentioned when we have the chance of communicating with each other?

So basically I was pulling a lame and not so interested voice when she was talking to me about direct selling. I don’t mean to be rude so you can caught me saying uh-huh, yeah, oh, yalor, hmm, yes and stuff like that during the phone conversation. I’m sorry to say that I’m not even interested in the slightest bit. No one can change that. Personally I don’t like the idea of direct selling so in no way at all I’m going to change my mind and be involved in that. I just think that direct selling actually spoils the relationship between friends or any kind of relationships. Well, unless one night stands. But my point is, it does not click with the word relationship.

Nonetheless, I tried to debate with her, not the intense debate but more like, she made her point and I made my point kind of thing. Sometimes things that you desire are just materials, you know tangible stuff. She was telling me that most people cant be confident in saying what are the things that they want in life. Her supervisor told her that before getting involved in direct selling, he would only dare to make BMW as his dream car but now he has got a BMW, Benz and other two cars. But in turn, I told her that no matter how rich or poor one person is, he or she can be confident in saying that Happiness is the thing that they want.

It’s simple. Why do you want to set hurdles? Of course, it is some sort of dream if they want material stuff. Different people have different thinking, that what I told her for not being too harsh on her since it’s just her second week working in a direct selling company.

I dunno, but one thing for sure, I’m not going to show up at the place where she told me that there will be a talk on aromatherapy. Personally she got off quite a good start on choosing the right person for the aromatherapy thingy but I guess she choose the wrong person for the whole idea of direct selling. Whereas I think I choose the wrong person for cherishing memories with and she choose the wrong person for wasting her phone bills on persuading.

For being a business student, I know that direct selling is just part of the 4Ps that we study. And honestly these people help in being a part of the marketing strategy. It's just a marketing thing I guess. :)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I was at the immigration practically half the day and it didn’t help either when I didn’t get enough sleep in the morning. The instant photos turned out to be a wreck. I looked like I have a piggie’s nose and I was as pale as a corpse. And at the end of the day, I cant get it renewed. I have to do my new identification card before renewing my passport.

I guess I’m going to procrastinate again.

Good night. :)

[soundbites]
Chet Atkins & George Benson – Dream

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Millions of peaches. Peaches for free.