Train of Thoughts

Monday, May 19, 2003

Tempered Mental and Mogwai.

Whoah! I got two cds today. One which is courtesy of Miranda that consists of songs from Mogwai. Name of the album is 'Come On Die Young' to be precise. ;) Another one is the courtesy of Tempered Mental. They sent it to me by mail and that’s their EP.. or rather their demo Hmmm it looks pretty professionally handled by the look of the cd and cover.

Gonna listen to them now.

Today was kind of drag-gy again for me. As I am officially sick. Sigh, I guess late nights and too much socialism is taking their toll on me. I told you! Socialism is not my thing! Anti-socialism is more like it. Garh, I feel groggy and all worked up when I saw biatch’s car this early morning.. and it didn’t help either when I saw biatch II with her thick make-up, *shrugged* eww the blusher which made her face looks really big and squarish, oh and not to mention her so called scarf is looking good on her. Hah.

This is bad. I’m not feeling well. Mystery guy called me up yesterday night, well, technically this early morning around 2am. I was sleeping then but then managed to hold a decent conversation with him for 35 minutes. So he hated Kel as I was complaining about Kel to him. And somehow I think Justin told him that he has been going out with me.. like WTF? We only met once and that was the first and last time that I saw him before bumping into him in the club the previous Saturday night.

Oh well, I couldn’t be bothered much anyway.

I managed to get an hour’s nap in the afternoon. Actually I just woke up and yeah, I took my shower and I smell like berry! :D

Alright, I’ve just finished listening to Tempered Mental. They can do a better combination though, there is some inconsistency in their notes. It is especially obvious when they are playing Space In Time. I think they need a better studio to have a better sound but then again, it’s really difficult to come up with the sum of money and commitment for producing an album or even an EP. I’d say that they are really heavy on the guitar but then again the drum needs a lil tuning. Erm the vocals? She can sing, well, at least she didn’t go off tune but she needs a lil tuning as well. :)

Well those are the improvement that they can do but then again I seriously think that they have the potential to go very far. I personally like Undone though. This song is a better sounding among the other 3 songs in the EP. Oh did you know that Tempered Mental is only a three piece band? IF you didn't notice, the vocalist is a girl, her name is Melina, she's also the bassist for the band. Oh and their logo rocks! :D

Do check them out. I think I have their link somewhere on the right.

Now I’m gonna check out the Mogwai cd that Miranda has burned for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Millions of peaches. Peaches for free.