
4 Blog Years.
Back in 2002, the content of my blog was purely unfiltered and pretty much life like. My blog lives with me. I wrote what I did and how I live my life, in real life. Updating daily or I'd try to update it if I have the chance to. Bashing. Flashing. Baring. Cussing. Writing. Wussing. I got tired of it. Now, I sort of have a secret identity. Ocasionally, I'd get nasty comments, suspecting (and quite confirmed about it) that some real life friends read my blog and I'm not all that good in handling that I guess, so the more reasons for me to have a secret identity. Not many real life friends know about my blog and I would refrain from telling them that I have one. It's rather difficult to do all that when you have someone close reading about it right? Besides, it is too late for me to start writing anonymously.
Even now my blog has been featured and can be found through some local portals as well as search engines. As much as I dont want to, I dont have a choice now, do I?
Back then, bloggers have been diplomatic, nice and thoughtful to each other. Not to mention the readers! A blog(ger) can never live without them. Ever so willing to get to know more bloggers and make friends with each other. The links list just keeps growing. With a genuine and sincere heart if I may say. But now blogging is a whole new experience and there are more people rising to the trend of blogging. It was "Wow. You have a blog?" But now, "So what if you have a blog?" Sooner or later, I'd reckon it will be, "I'm a famous blogger and you're not." Hur hur.
I guess its a cycle. But somehow I dont really want to rise up to that maturity stage. On the other hand, I guess blogging is no fun without new and old bloggers eh? Oh, the fame.
However, blogging is now different with more media coverage, resulting in more bloggers rising to the limelight, clashes of opinions, conflicts. It is more like a trend and being hip. But what happened to good old writings that is pure and not mainly for reasons to be famous?
Things are now quite different, you get to know more bloggers. With different circle of friends/bloggers as well as different opinions and interests. There's the political side to that. Some bloggers would text you on MSN and sabotage the other bloggers, but somehow got away with it by saying good things about the bloggers that they've sabotaged in their blogs. It's rather disgusting. Sad to say but I have that kind of experience.
There were times that I wanted to stop. Dealing with this is so difficult for me. The politics, the nasty comments, that bitch/bastard who reads my blog, etc. I wanted to stop blogging and I even thought of starting a blog anonymously but its too late now as I've already established my network. Oh, the nasty comments, why can't they comment nicely and not because they want to get more traffic into their blogs and also not because of intentions to condemn? Whenever I see the rise pf politics in a blog, instantly I stop reading. Anyway, I also thought of shifting my blog elsewhere with a different domain. But come to think about it, can I now?
I've learnt many things though. It has been a window that led me to the outside world. A window that led me to see how a person is. How they live their life. A place that I call 2nd home. A place that I can say the things I want. Well, sort of.
Anyway, being mediocre has paid off. Four (bollock) years already and still counting. Much thanks to passerbys, followers and readers for visiting and commenting. You guys rocked.
To my bloggie, Happy Happy 3rd4th Anniversary! (my maths sucked)..or whatchamacallit.

14 Comments:
woaaaaaa, quite long eh. ive started blogging since 2001. no one knew of my blog then. well, not like ppl knew about mine much now also la. haha. happppy 3rd anniversary, mrs jason lo :P
By
tIcKLeMe, at July 09, 2005 3:37 AM
nice entry. captured alot of my thoughts too. i had a website before "blogging" kicked off. my first proper blog was back in 2001/2. i have about 8 blogs, only 2 are still active tho. 2 are set for commenting purposes only. 1 is co-owned.
i also agree that bloggers back then had better protocol and respect for each other. seeing some blogs these days makes me want to stop blogging altogether, but we can't let ignorance of others affect what we do, right?
so happy 4th anniversary, and here's to many more.
i still think you've got one of the best links sections in the malaysian blogosphere (notice how this word is now a trend?).
the only list of good malaysian band sites that could rival yours is musiccanteen.
take care and rock on.
By
thisguysplace, at July 09, 2005 9:05 AM
aww... how sweet. you remembered our anniversary.
*tears uncontrollably
By
yikbao, at July 09, 2005 6:58 PM
Happy birfday to you,
Happy birfday to you;
Happy birfday dear bloggie,
Happy birfday to you. :P
By
Unknown, at July 10, 2005 11:59 AM
*hugs* congratulations for making it this far, I'm looking forward to the following years of your blogging ;)
-hsin
By
Anonymous, at July 10, 2005 10:12 PM
4 years a long time to be blogging. kudos for keeping it all real.
and who cares about the media and it's spotlight on bloggers who crave/ enjoy it.
do your own thing. whatever makes ya happy right?!
take care!
By
Anonymous, at July 11, 2005 2:58 PM
We're Doomed!
By
justine, at July 13, 2005 3:23 AM
wah...u presevere for 4 years. not bad...i wonder whether i can last that long...but when comments keep coming in, it just give me the motivation to blog more and more and more. the thought...hey...got people like reading my craps lar...comments really make my days. oh ya...happy birthday likki bloggi. :)
By
Anonymous, at July 13, 2005 10:56 AM
tickleme: heheh thanks. so nice of you to let me have that title :P fair and square!
thisguy: garh! if only i have the time to update it, im sure i can compete with musiccanteen. mwuahahahahah. but i do agree that they got better links lar.. huhu. psst. im working on a portal thingy, might get it up end of the year or smth. its just that time is a factor. when its up, i'll let you know and you gotta support it no matter what! :P
szening: and you didnt remember.. i lagi cry uncontrobly.
tiger: whaaat about mee? *sniffs*
hsin: *hugs* you still owe me an update leh :P
jack: :) back!
dD: double :) back!
dee: Muaks! well said you.. hehe
justino: *grabs justine's hand and hides*
miche: heh thanks babe. im sure you can last as long as that :)
By
Likki, at July 13, 2005 2:23 PM
Liks,
*thumbs up* continue to keep it real yeah? =)
By
Einnasays, at July 15, 2005 9:29 AM
Congrats Likki. Wow, 4 years of blogging, time flies huh ? :)
Happy "blogday" to you and keep it up yah ?
By
Anonymously, at July 18, 2005 12:53 AM
Happy Birthday eh? :) Here's to more great years
By
Anonymous, at July 19, 2005 4:17 PM
don't stop! yes i remember the times... blog on ok ... i like the rawness in you and the fact that you have not changed. no not a bit.
By
minishorts, at July 20, 2005 4:01 PM
Yikes! I was doing some random surfing, and I stumbled upon this enlightening entry.
And believe it or not, it is such an eerie coincidence that I wrote about the local blogging world in general too - how it was like four years ago, that is.
(You had the advantage of writing about this earlier than I did; and you gave your entry a more personal touch, too.)
All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling the same way about what's happening to our local blogging world of today.
By
Anonymous, at July 24, 2005 8:31 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home