Train of Thoughts

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Shadow Gig.

I was at Zouk for DJ Shoadow's gig man. Hehe.

The place was packed like sardine, everyone was squeezing and pushing and shoving through each other. Even the restrooms were packed. But thank god we were there earlier so the queue wasn't so bad. Then we went over to The Wine Bar to chill while DJ Andrew Chow were spinning. You can hardly hear it anyway, it was noisy outside.
Oh and I just found out that he was chilling at our reserved table, it's the DJ himself wei! =D

We knew that it would be packed so we went earlier to get the chops. As for those who came later had to queue damn long but heck DJ Shadow only came on stage around 12.30am. Damn pei I tell you. We were layaning some downtempo trip hop and this particular pseudo aerobic girl who does the chicken dance and thinks that she owns the damn podium. Her moves were just.. yucky weird, like out of the world weird ok. We had the urge to just boo her off the damn podium la. Really an eye sore. When she finally got off stage, we were damn happy that we cheered! LOL.

That aside, we went in at 11pm and the place was already packed, so we found ourselves a place to chill and hung out. Everyone was getting high to get ready for the man and when DJ Shadow came on stage, everyone screamed their lungs out and cheered. Heh I know I did. :P The set was awesome, the crowd was fabulous, the alcohol was flowing and everyone was dancing away. Oh and I was totally intrigued by the laser lights. Great. Except that the crowd should really just stop pushing and the walking around. The damn place was really cramped.

Once he went off, most of the people left the place already and then they played some 90's hits/disco songs. Somehow it stirred some nostalgic memories and we danced the night away. Later we ajourned to Velvet Underground where Brendon P was spinning. The interior is just awesome, I like it alot. Very artsy fartsy, gives a very comfy feeling cuz there's couches, very nice. I especially like the frames of art hung on to the walls and the ceiling design. We didn't hang out there for long because the music wasn't that appealing so we ajourned to Phuture where You With Sonny were spinning and shufflers could be spotted among the crowd. Irritating.

The night ended with us giving away one drink to a girl who was being rude, who doesn't even show any sign of gratitude. Bah. Then we bought ourselves a hotdog and came home.

Superb night I tell ya. *thumbs up*

So here's some pictures to show.

The man on the set. Check out the size of the disco ball!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The really amazing green laser lights!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Beautiful hanging lights at the Zouk entrance.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Millions of peaches. Peaches for free.