Review.
Majority Chinese. Started around 8:40pm and ended around 11 smth. Can’t remember. Here. The sequence of bands who played and my lil review abt the gig.
WHITELIGHT
This is a 4 piece band, consists of Alvin, Chris, Darshen and Feeren. Since Chris is a Caucasian, when he sang the song ‘Batu’, it was a memorable one and I’m sure everyone there is going to remember them for that. Nonetheless, their music doesn’t have lyrics, except for that ‘Batu’ song. Their influences are Damn Dirty Apes, Smashing Pumpkins, Mogwai, My Vitriol and Sonic Youth. Frankly, I think they are the best among all the others. Can I say they are the best among all? They are the variety of all the other hard and heavy bands performing that day. They are post rock or progressive rock if I may say the least. Other than that, I think that their music itself needs more patterns and prototypes to their current style of music. I’m not saying that they need to change their style of music, but patterns or textures. However, I really enjoyed their set. Neat. *applause*
DISSECTOMY
4 piece band as well. Three of the members are from the band Gaugepit. Heavy. Hard. Dark. Brutal. Death metal. During this time, huge and crazy moshpit going on there. Very moving. Heh, it sure did move the aunties, kiddos out of the scene. Yes, very surprising, aunties and kiddos were there too. Very fast beats, lots of double pedals action going on there. Yelling. Screaming. Wtf is he singing about? You can say that they are good in death metal music. :)
UNTITLED
4 piece band, each of them has their own kind of masks. Slipknot wannabes? They are dressed in black raincoat with white cross sprayed on their back. Good drummer though but crowds started to walk off when the vocalist started singing. The vocals lack of energy in voice and it sounded funny. Trust me, I was trying hard not to laugh since one of the chick I was with at that time happens to be the gf of one of the band members. Struggled through the set. For all that I remember, they only played one song but after I checked with my friend, he said two songs. *scratches head* I guess the smoke and humidity were suffocating me which resulted brain malfunctioning.
E.M.P
Stands for Electro Magnetic Pulse, a 5 piece band formed 3 years ago while they were in high school. They claimed that they are nu-metal but I would add that they sounded like rap-metal as well. By this time, the moshpit came back to life. Everyone was moshing and head banging. The vocalist, Freddie changed his ways of singing and now they sounds better than the last time I heard them performing.
O.D.I
It stands for Overdose Infinity, a 6 piece band with a sampler at hand. From the previous gig, they don’t have the sampler and now they have a different guitarist as well. Well, Kelvyn, the noisiest guitarist in penang(?) is in this band. Performing and doing his own solo at the same time. However, since they have 4 other people on the instruments, they sort of covered his part. The vocalist was screaming his lungs out. Frankly speaking, I don’t quite like. They sounded the same like last time. They plays post industrial music with stable and punchy rhythm with explosive noise.
Zero Gravity
Quite familiar for regular gig goers in penang. They are a 6 piece band, with two Chinese vocals up front. One of them rapping and the other one singing/screaming and vice versa thru their set. They were singing Sweet Dreams with a fusion of dance and hardcore element. They would like to claim their music as Cyber Hardcore. Their vocals are far more different than other bands. This band has got a promising future though.
I had quite a crazy day yesterday but eventful at the same time. Everything was so spontaneous and vague.
I remembered a primary school friend suddenly called me up on my house phone and talked for more than half an hour. And as well Damien suddenly called me up on my cellphone asking directions to MPH.
I remembered talking to someone who was wearing a Manson shirt and asking him where he got it and then introduced himself to me. Hmm.
I remembered talking to Eugene and I actually miss that guy and it’s nice to see him after a while. Harhar.
I remembered talking to Randal and then I had to fetch him to Gurney to claim his pressie. Hmm.
I remembered being all fickle minded to go or not to go clubbing yesterday. I ended up at mamak and then driving up the curvy road of Batu Feringghi, honking, speeding and emergency breaking along the way up to the apartment.
I remembered talking about spirits, ghosts and supernatural stuffs and being paranoid about it when it was raining very heavily outside and the wind was making really eerie sounds.
I remembered miss calling someone for more than 20 times in the wee hours. Well, it's my friend actually.
I remembered driving back from the curvy and mysterious road to my house when it was raining and wind blowing heavily while the cocks were crowing.
I remembered I slept at 6 and woke up around 12 and couldn't remember the word tired.
I remembered that I had fun.
Lots of fun. :)
[soundbites]
Marilyn Manson – Doll-Dagga Buzz Buzz Ziggety-Zag
Majority Chinese. Started around 8:40pm and ended around 11 smth. Can’t remember. Here. The sequence of bands who played and my lil review abt the gig.
WHITELIGHT
This is a 4 piece band, consists of Alvin, Chris, Darshen and Feeren. Since Chris is a Caucasian, when he sang the song ‘Batu’, it was a memorable one and I’m sure everyone there is going to remember them for that. Nonetheless, their music doesn’t have lyrics, except for that ‘Batu’ song. Their influences are Damn Dirty Apes, Smashing Pumpkins, Mogwai, My Vitriol and Sonic Youth. Frankly, I think they are the best among all the others. Can I say they are the best among all? They are the variety of all the other hard and heavy bands performing that day. They are post rock or progressive rock if I may say the least. Other than that, I think that their music itself needs more patterns and prototypes to their current style of music. I’m not saying that they need to change their style of music, but patterns or textures. However, I really enjoyed their set. Neat. *applause*
DISSECTOMY
4 piece band as well. Three of the members are from the band Gaugepit. Heavy. Hard. Dark. Brutal. Death metal. During this time, huge and crazy moshpit going on there. Very moving. Heh, it sure did move the aunties, kiddos out of the scene. Yes, very surprising, aunties and kiddos were there too. Very fast beats, lots of double pedals action going on there. Yelling. Screaming. Wtf is he singing about? You can say that they are good in death metal music. :)
UNTITLED
4 piece band, each of them has their own kind of masks. Slipknot wannabes? They are dressed in black raincoat with white cross sprayed on their back. Good drummer though but crowds started to walk off when the vocalist started singing. The vocals lack of energy in voice and it sounded funny. Trust me, I was trying hard not to laugh since one of the chick I was with at that time happens to be the gf of one of the band members. Struggled through the set. For all that I remember, they only played one song but after I checked with my friend, he said two songs. *scratches head* I guess the smoke and humidity were suffocating me which resulted brain malfunctioning.
E.M.P
Stands for Electro Magnetic Pulse, a 5 piece band formed 3 years ago while they were in high school. They claimed that they are nu-metal but I would add that they sounded like rap-metal as well. By this time, the moshpit came back to life. Everyone was moshing and head banging. The vocalist, Freddie changed his ways of singing and now they sounds better than the last time I heard them performing.
O.D.I
It stands for Overdose Infinity, a 6 piece band with a sampler at hand. From the previous gig, they don’t have the sampler and now they have a different guitarist as well. Well, Kelvyn, the noisiest guitarist in penang(?) is in this band. Performing and doing his own solo at the same time. However, since they have 4 other people on the instruments, they sort of covered his part. The vocalist was screaming his lungs out. Frankly speaking, I don’t quite like. They sounded the same like last time. They plays post industrial music with stable and punchy rhythm with explosive noise.
Zero Gravity
Quite familiar for regular gig goers in penang. They are a 6 piece band, with two Chinese vocals up front. One of them rapping and the other one singing/screaming and vice versa thru their set. They were singing Sweet Dreams with a fusion of dance and hardcore element. They would like to claim their music as Cyber Hardcore. Their vocals are far more different than other bands. This band has got a promising future though.
I had quite a crazy day yesterday but eventful at the same time. Everything was so spontaneous and vague.
I remembered a primary school friend suddenly called me up on my house phone and talked for more than half an hour. And as well Damien suddenly called me up on my cellphone asking directions to MPH.
I remembered talking to someone who was wearing a Manson shirt and asking him where he got it and then introduced himself to me. Hmm.
I remembered talking to Eugene and I actually miss that guy and it’s nice to see him after a while. Harhar.
I remembered talking to Randal and then I had to fetch him to Gurney to claim his pressie. Hmm.
I remembered being all fickle minded to go or not to go clubbing yesterday. I ended up at mamak and then driving up the curvy road of Batu Feringghi, honking, speeding and emergency breaking along the way up to the apartment.
I remembered talking about spirits, ghosts and supernatural stuffs and being paranoid about it when it was raining very heavily outside and the wind was making really eerie sounds.
I remembered miss calling someone for more than 20 times in the wee hours. Well, it's my friend actually.
I remembered driving back from the curvy and mysterious road to my house when it was raining and wind blowing heavily while the cocks were crowing.
I remembered I slept at 6 and woke up around 12 and couldn't remember the word tired.
I remembered that I had fun.
Lots of fun. :)
[soundbites]
Marilyn Manson – Doll-Dagga Buzz Buzz Ziggety-Zag

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home