I'm Still Alive Exhibition.

Hey peeps! If you haven't heard about this lomography exhibition, you guys should go and take a look! More details [here]. Do click on it ya! Heh, so many links but here are the important ones. The event's official website and the nice people at Alliance Francaise for providing the location.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
During FĂȘte de la Musique, as I was watching the bands performing on stage, I was being approached by some people and asked me to fill in a short survey form. Erm, if I may say survey, it's actually a small piece of paper asking you to answer some simple questions. After that, they're going to snap a photo of you and tell you to wait for the big day. Heck, the bloody suspense la!
So here it is, the showcase of all that complied together can be found in this exhibition. Including the paper that we filled in and pictures of me and my friends. :)
The exhibition is suppose to last for eight days and I was lucky to be there for the opening. Seeing that DDA and Paku were going to give the audience a brief showcase, which they did on 8pm that night. There's no makeshift stage, just open space for musicians to set up and play, audience just stand around or could choose to sit on the floor. There's also a TV that showcases a few indie short clips for viewing. Pick up the remote control and push that "play" button. :)
Paku went first and their set wasn't that energetic like the last time I saw them in Church Street cafe. But nonetheless, this time around, its something new that they project, a different kind of feeling towards their music. The kind that feels more acoustically relaxed. Very easy listening.
Anyhoo I was busy checking out all on display when they were playing so I didnt manage to snap any pictures of them. I felt a lil out of place as there were seriously alot of people with straps around their neck hanging their professional cameras and what nots. I can assure that the peeps there are really into art and artistic. =D
So then DDA tuned up for the show and played a few songs. I think the audience liked their set as they played a few monotonous yet catchy tunes, if you know what I mean. Comfortable beats and simple lyrics. Pedram introduced their new band members to everyone and asked the audience to sing along. Fun. They somehow reminds me of some shoegazing songs that I came across. A friend said the 2nd song sounded like Weezer.
All in all, I think the peeps of Urban Creatures used alot of time and effort in putting this exhibition up. Unique work of arts and interesting way of putting them together. They definitely did a great job on that! Kudos! I bet they would be glad that [this] came out in the papers. :)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
The paper survey thing I was talking about.


Photos taken and edited Andy Warhol style.

Pedram singing.

Pedram playing an inrtument. Cant remember the name tho. help?

Another shot of Pedram.

People browsing through the hanging art.

I especially like this piece of art. I've forgotten abt the name of this kind of art, help?

[soundbites]
Radiohead - Blow Out

2 Comments:
Loving the pictures!
the new blog is in the link. just incase if i'v becomed forgotten. its me Mel, ex-bezier-ventura.org
By
Anonymous, at October 05, 2006 4:57 PM
i still remember you Mel! *hugs* i couldnt get hold of you since you were not with besier ventura anymore and i was searching for you. thank god u still remembers me and dropped me a line! :D
By
Likki, at October 05, 2006 5:04 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home