Mid Autumn Festival.
Hey there, mooncake festival came early for me. I bought these mooncakes with its snow-skin made out of green tea. There were quite alot of fillings to choose from. But I chose the White Lotus Paste and the Pandan Paste. I had these mooncakes 3weeks back I think when I was in KL for my convocation. The packaging is very well illustrated yet coloursful and that was the thing that got me attracted. It must have been those marketing gimmicks I tell you. Heh, here are some pics.



Pandan paste!

White lotus paste!

They're from Purple Cane Restaurant in KL. Personally I find the taste of green tea from the snow-skin a bit too strong, you cant really taste the Pandan and the White Lotus Paste. Oh well, but it's not bad lah. :)
Everywhere you turn, to the wet market, shopping complex, mini market as well as night market, businessmen were selling lanterns and I kid you not, every year there's just more and more varieties for them kids to choose from. There are even lantern making competitions and banners all up for the local neighbourhood mini procession. Coolness. Seems like everyone is getting themselves ready for this occasion.
In fact, I've just bought some old skool paper lanterns for myself, so have you geared up for the mooncake festival already? :)
[soundbites]
Billy Joel - Piano Man

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home